Molly Harvey, Corporate Soul Woman, is a world-class business speaker and author.
Corporate Tips - Newsletter Archives
-- Tip of the Month
-- Five Tips on Why Perfection has its Limits
-- Three Mindset Tips
-- Three Tips on Discipline
-- Three Tips from Richard Branson
-- Book of the Month
-- Three Tips on Community Involvement
"We lead by being human; we do not lead by being professional, corporate or institutional."
Hope is a powerful force. It enables each and every one of us to overcome the most daunting obstacles and it's always hope that is the single biggest difference between those who persevere and those who give up.
Labouring to paint the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, Michelangelo grew so discouraged that he wanted to quit. But every morning, hope pushed him up the ladder to fulfil his amazing vision. Hope is what gives us courage to keep on going.
Tip of the Month
'When you feel bad, it is impossible to create good results; when you feel good, it is impossible to create bad results.' Five Tips on Why Perfection has its Limits
1. High standards and attention to detail are commendable; they show you take pride in your work. However, it can be destructive in the workplace and at home when we obsess and find fault all the time.
2. Give yourself permission to fail in order to succeed - Henry Ford.
3. Sometimes average can be progress.
4. Set a time limit; don't get bogged down in the detail.
5. Wake up and realise flaws and imperfections determine your uniqueness.
Three Mindset Tips
1. Don't be sloppy with your mindset.
2. You attract towards you what you are thinking and feeling.
3. You choose your reality; if you are fed up change it.
Three Tips on Discipline
1. Discipline is all about the ability to give yourself a command and then follow through.
2. Discipline is doing something even if you don't like it.
3. Socrates once said "The undisciplined life is an insane life."
Three Tips from Richard Branson
1. Write your ideas and to do's down.
2. Systemise them.
3. Learn the art of delegation.
Thought Provoking Question
What is the core message of your organisation?
South West Airlines message was: 'We are a low fare airline.'
Book of the Month
'Made to Stick' by Chip and Dan Heath.
Three Tips from the Book
1. Use stories as simulation, it gets people to act.
2. Simplicity works.
3. The best way to get people to care is to make them feel something.
Three Tips on Community Involvement
These days, the best organisations are involved in and contribute to their communities.
1. Let employees vote on which charities to donate to.
2. Make your organisation a positive force in your community.
3. Have a Team Away Day in the community; give something back, e.g. Feed the homeless.
So for the month of May, remember you have a choice whether to feel good or bad.
Choose your reality, be disciplined and follow through with action. May you have an amazing month.
To your success as you climb the ladder of life.
Corporate Soul Woman
Book Molly Now to Speak at your 2010 Convention
To book Molly to speak at your convention in 2010, take action now and call 0151-632-5888 or go to www.corporatesoulltd.com
Driving your business with passion
"There are motivational speakers and then there's Molly! I have worked with Molly on several occasions and she has to be one of the most authentic positive people that I know. She practices what she preaches and she is truly inspirational."
Helen Walker Management Development, Alliance and Leicester